Silver Garden Games: 200 Word RPG Challenge 2016 - Clandestine: Prologue
Conspiracies are self-possessed ideas changing the world.
Take a piece of paper. Draw a line splitting the page in half. Draw two lines parallel to the first, splitting into quarters. Orient the quarters from top to bottom.
The quarters from top to bottom are: Ideas, Body, Cabal, and Actions at the bottom.
Name your Conspiracy. Something like Illuminati, Chartreuse Assembly, or whatnot.
Write an idea forming your Conspiracy in Ideas. Put a coin on it, showing tails.
Taking turns: lower a tails or raise a heads.
- Ideas to Body: write part of a divine body inspired by the idea. Flip the coin.
- Body to Cabal: write a person or monster manifesting the divine aspect. Flip the coin.
- Cabal to Action: describe a vignette of the conspiracy in the mundane world. Write an effect of the conspiracy’s machinations and set the coin to heads.
Licensed under CC-BY 4.0 license.
- Action to Cabal: write a person or monster reflecting the activity. Flip the coin.
- Cabal to Body: write a divine aspect emanating from the person or monster. Flip the coin.
- Body to Ideas: if there are 5+ effects in Action, the prologue ends. Otherwise add an idea and set the coin to tails.